Tuesday, June 24, 2008

First official day without work!!!

Yesterday was the first day without having students but I went in to work and did some curriculum development in the hopes that it will make next school year even easier. The kiddos stayed with Grandma Peggy while I did that. Since I worked yesterday the first day home!!! We're having a great time, of course the day isn't over yet but we're pretty close to when Daddy will get home and that part is pretty routine.

It is absolutely beautiful outside today so we took advantage of it. The three of us were outside for as long as I dared having two little ones. Meaning we were out there a total of about 3, maybe 3.5 hours all day. Kayda spent it running around between the slide, the sandbox, the pool and (this one surprised me) the trike! She hasn't figured out how to ride the trike yet but she sure wants to. She tried so many times to get on there and pedal, she's not quite tall enough to get a good push on the pedals so I ended up pushing her around on it. She thought it was great. She did manage to move about 6 inches on her own while I was feeding Dillon. Unfortunately, that moved her right onto the grass so she couldn't move any further. Dillon played in the exersaucer when I was playing with Kayda and when I could be close by he was sitting on a sheet and playing with some toys. He is getting really good with his hands now. He can grab pretty much anything that he wants and get it up to his mouth. He was wearing his little hat to protect his scalp... He doesn't quite have enough hair to keep it from getting burned but it's too much for me to get the sunscreen down to it.




We went inside every time it was getting close to Dillon's nap time. This is the most recent time. We came inside and I got Kayda dressed. She was mad when she realized we weren't going back out right away. She overcame her anger by sitting down with the tv remote and she turned it on. (I think we watch too much TV) I asked her if she wanted some food and she shrugged her shoulders at me (if you look closely you can see it in the picture).

The kids were WONDERFUL for me today. Kayda and Dillon went down for 2 hours of overlapping time! I'm so excited for the rest of the summer!

No comments: