Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The wonders that are my children

I love my babies. The last few days have been tough because Kayda has been sick and Dillon hasn't been feeling all that comfortable either. But I was thinking about it last night, what I consider an absolutely horrendous day with them probably isn't actually THAT bad. I watch my babies around other kids and hear people's stories about their children and I just have to remember that I lucked out big time and have two little angels so when they have their version of a bad day it could probably be considered a good day for someone else's kids. I guess I need to count my blessings. Our pediatrician also has children 13 months apart (the first one was adopted) and he was telling me that his older daughter hits and pushes the baby. His oldest is a month or two younger than Kayda. Thank goodness I'm not having to deal with THAT.

Anyways, on to what I actually planned on sharing with everybody. Dillon got his first tooth!!! YAY!!! It's his bottom right tooth and the left one isn't far behind. He's been drooling so much we knew it had to be some time soon but it finally decided to come in. Grandma G found it on Tuesday... I guess that would be yesterday.

The other thing I wanted to tell everyone was about little miss Kayda. We have both the kids in swimming lessons every Monday evening. Brian and I get in and play with them. We've trained them pretty well on our own but we were having a hard time getting them to the pool so we signed them up. Dillon really seems to like the water. He just hangs out, goes underwater, floats on his back (we actually have to help him hold his head up, it likes to sink) and we're trying to get him to kick and move his arms. Pretty good for a not even six month old baby. Kayda LOVES the water but has learned that she doesn't go in without Mommy or Daddy so she'll stand by us until it's time to get in. She goes underwater, jumps in from the side, kicks, moves her arms and crawls along the walls of the pool. She doesn't really like to go on her back, we're working on that so that she can learn to float. But her newest trick... She can hold onto a noodle and kick BY HERSELF! She just did it for the first time on Monday I was amazed. I just can't keep up with that girl. Unfortunately because both mommy and daddy are in the water I don't have any pictures to share with you. We'll have to get our family photo addict (Grandpa Mike that's you!) to come and take pictures for us.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

swimming children are so sweet