Kayda LOVES camping and had an especially good time since she had all of her cousins there. To my amazement we were actually able to get her to play in the pack - n - play with Peyton a couple of times. I didn't think it would be possible considering we were outside and she could run free. Her cousins were very helpful, they would play with her, or follow her around for us occasionally. I was very impressed with the "Older kids" meaning anyone over the age of 4. They included the little ones quite a bit and kept an eye on them as much as you can expect a kid that's excited about camping to be able to.
There was a playground in the other loop that the kids thoroughly enjoyed. Kayda insisted on sliding down the tallest slide every time. She REALLY enjoyed it when someone would slide down next to her.
Kayda loved being outside all the time. She ran around with her cousins and on a few occasions willingly sat down to eat or snuggle. This one was too cute to pass up.
Of course Grandpa G had no problem carting around the babies to help them explore. He'd stick Dillon in one arm and chase Kayda where ever her little heart desired.
Dillon liked being outside most of the time.
Thank you Grandma and Grandpa G! Once again they let us use their tent trailer so we were fortunate enough to be able to bathe the kids every night. Here they are waiting for mommy to get it ready. I love babies in diapers!
Friday we went to Leavenworth with the Grandma and Grandpa H branch (minus Uncle Greg who didn't come camping).
When we were done exploring we went to the sledding hill. The chiblings, plus Kayda and Tyler, had a marvelous time rolling down the hill. Kayda tried desperately to roll down but always rolled her feet faster so she would end up the wrong direction. She and Ella decided that they liked to run down the hill. One time they ran down together and Ella tripped at the bottom, Kayda pointed at her like "hey pay attention she fell" and then proceeded to grab Ella's shirt and try to pick her back up.
All the grandkids attacked Grandpa Mike and Grandma Peggy and we were able to get some really neat pictures of them with ALL of their grandchildren. Unfortunately I didn't take any with my camera but when/if I get a copy I'll post it later.
Of course following G family tradition, and apparently H family tradition as well, there had to be some sort of water works while we were camping. So Friday night we got treated to a thunderstorm, this includes HAIL. I'm not just talking about little hail either, this was the size of mothballs. Kayda did NOT like it so we retreated to the safety of Grandma and Grandpa G's trailer. Grandma Peggy joined us there to play with blocks and cards to escape the weather for a while.
The last night we were there (Saturday Night) a group of campers walked around the campground wearing glow in the dark attire and yelling "happy camping". I say that we need to start this as a tradition for the H family camping trip, the little kids would have a great time. I tired to take a picture but have never taken one with this camera. I moved it before it was done on accident but it turned out pretty cool anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment