Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Clark Lake

Today was officially my last day of work, until August 10th when I start doing stuff off and on for curriculum development and such. I was done at 9:20 today (half day) so Daddy and I went to lunch with the babies to celebrate. After that the kids and I went to Clark Lake Park. It's a small park with a very small lake, it's got a little board walk, a few bridges over creeks and a dock out into the water. A LOT of people bring their dogs there so that's what we did. The kids, Hank and I walked around to a little secluded spot with access to the lake. Right after we got there another group showed up with a couple of dogs. I was completely stressed because Hank hasn't really been around other dogs, kids...TONS of kids, but not dogs. I had him on the leash while I made sure he would be okay with them and was having an interesting time of it. The other dogs weren't on leashes and Hank was being very friendly so the other people told me to go ahead and let him off. I did and he did GREAT. Kayda, Dillon and I sat and watched him chase the other dogs around and around and around. He even ventured into the water a little bit! Granted his stomach never went in but he did go in! When the other dogs left the kiddos and I (and Hank back on his leash) walked around in the water a bit and threw some rocks. I wish I had photos but it is impossible to have two small children and a dog and then actually have hands free for a camera. We'll have to go back with Daddy and get some pictures another day.

No comments: