Saturday, July 25, 2009

Wow what a difference!

This last spring Daddy and I worked out tails off and made our front yard beautiful, new garden beds, new plants, a little bit more grass and we tore out a TON of concrete. We've never done much with our backyard, we basically made it usable (there used to be a huge pile of random junk and blackberry bushes in the corner left from the previous owners). Since the front yard is so nice this summer the kids and I have spent our time in the front yard when we went outside. I just didn't want to go in the backyard... Well yesterday I finally took the time and swept up all the stuff Hank chewed to shreds, moved stuff around so the kids had more room to play and hung some stuff up on the wall of the house (so we can leave it outside without having Hank chew IT to shreds too). It seems so much better out there now! It's not like we did a ton but it feels cleaner. So we've spent the last two days playing in the backyard. I can not believe how much more relaxing it is to have the kids playing there than in the front yard! They can run around, they can't get to anything that can hurt them and I know exactly where they are. We've been out there at least 5 hours each day and the babies LOVE it. They get to play with their sandbox, wading pool and swingset without having mommy constantly telling them to get back in the yard! Gotta love fences!

No comments: