Uncle Greg and Aunt Liz got married on Nov 10th. Daddy and I went down to Key West so we could be there for the wedding (Grandma and Grandpa H and Uncle Scott were also there). Kayda and Dillon were able to stay with Grandma and Grandpa G for the six nights we were gone. It was really difficult to leave them, I got all emotional. Once I was on the plane I was okay but the drive to the airport was hard. The kiddos didn't seem to have any idea that we were going to be gone for that long. According to Grandma they were hard to get to sleep (it takes two of us at home), usually slept well, and were their normal selves during the day. Of course they wore Grandpa out because he wanted to take them to DO things, not just let them play at home. Thank you SO much Grandma and Grandpa G. Most of the times we called we were able to talk to Dillon, we only got to talk to Kayda twice though. We had a good time, it was weird not to have to worry about the exact whereabouts of two small children all the time. We almost didn't know what to do with ourselves...Hurricane/Tropical Storm Ida was around the area when we were in Miami and Key West so there were a lot of things we wanted to do that we couldn't. Here's some pics of what we could/did do!
The alligator farm in the Everglades. They give me the creeps...

In Key West

Daddy and Uncle Scott outside the Pirate Museum

Waves are a rare thing in Key West, normally the reef located a couple miles of shore act as breakers and the water is almost like a lake. Obviously not while we were there.

The southernmost point of the USA (90 miles from Cuba)

I thought it was funny that the birds were alternating, we were on our way out to the mangrove islands and we would've been snorkeling but the water was too murky. We were both very disappointed about that.

I just like the way this looked, it's the sailboat we were on and some of the only "blue patches: we saw the whole time.

The mangrove islands that we kayaked through/around.

Daddy swimming out in the middle of nowhere.
1 comment:
Ha! I love the picture of you guys in Key West! Made me laugh. Too bad the weather wasn't all that great - but glad you had a good time anyways.
Post a Comment