Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Yes there are MORE swim lessons

Today we started swim lessons back over at Lindbergh pool. Still weird being there as a patron despite the fact it has been four years since I've worked there. We got signed up with Kyoko which I'm super excited about because she's an awesome teacher. This was Dillon's first ever swim lesson that didn't require Mommy or Daddy or Grandma in the water with him (mostly Mommy). I'm glad to be done with that part, I've pushed him as far as he's willing to let me. Kyoko is gone this week so they swam with Nicole (another old coworker). The kids had a great time! I was very impressed with how well Dillon was listening to the directions and taking turns. It's nothing new for Kayda but it's a whole new experience for him!
Nicole was having the kids "hide their ears" as Kayda is demonstrating in the background. When she first introduced it Dillon complied by putting his hands directly over his ears...well, he hid his ears! He upgraded to the position he is in below. Arms covering his ears and hands spread wide.
Kayda's turn but Dillon is still ready to go! Kayda's got this move down for sure!
Dillon's kicks are a little less dramatic.
Floating, Kayda did a great job, it's fun to watch her because she thinks her legs should be spread out like her arms.
At first Dillon thought he needed his mouth open to look back at Nicole.
He learned quickly. Of course as soon as he closed his mouth he thought he should be kicking.

It was really nice to be able to actually watch Kayda AND Dillon swim. I've been swimming with Dillon all summer and Grandma or Daddy have come to swim with him a couple of times so I could watch Kayda but even then I was going back and forth to watch both. Now that they're in the same class I can actually sit and absorb their awesomeness. Be prepared for more swimming pictures and videos. They'll be in classes from here on out and since they're in someone else's care it's prime picture taking time!

No comments: