Monday, October 4, 2010

Random, random and SWIMMING...again

Way back in August a monumental thing occurred.  Something that I do not want to forget, and will be faced with for the next 5 years or so.  Yet, I forgot to put it in this, my family journal.  So I guess it's time I brought everyone up to speed.  In August, the end of August my two wonderful children were entertaining themselves in the bath which they love to do.  While I was getting Kayda dried off and dressed I heard a "bang" and suddenly had a screaming little boy.  So I stood Kayda up out of the way and rushed over.  Dillon had chipped his tooth, his front tooth, on the drain lever thing.  Of course I didn't know if there was something I should do so what do I do?  I call Grandma G, she's my mom so of course that's where I'll go but I was being somewhat logical in that she used to be a dental hygienist.  Since I couldn't tell if there was a nerve exposed Grandma and Papa G came over around 9 pm (late for them) to check on the little munchkin.  Fortunately the nerve is still safely tucked away inside his tooth.  We went to the dentist the next day to see if they could smooth it off at all.  Unfortunately Dillon wouldn't cooperate so it will wear itself down with time. So for the next 5-6 years he will have a chipped front tooth.  Charming isn't it? 
 
Now for more recent events.  Yesterday Daddy was mowing the lawn.  I was back with kiddos in the "eventually will be a nursery again" room, which we recently repainted and moved a bed into (the kids are FASCINATED) with that room now.  I heard Daddy yelling so I went out and what did he need to show me?


Our best guess is that a rock was kicked up by the lawn mower.  If you look carefully you can see where all the cracks started just a few inches from the handle.  The kids thought it was pretty cool so we sat and looked at it.  As we watched we could hear the glass crackling and see, right before our very eyes, new cracks forming.  Fortunately it just shattered the one pane of glass.  Here's Daddy taking it down.

So we now have another lovely, unexpected job, that goes along with being a home owner.  Considering it's starting to get chilly we'd better get it done quick!

Now on to the fun stuff.  Today is the second to last swim lesson with Kyoko.  The kids have loved it!  I'll probably end up with a few more pictures Wednesday since it's "safety day"  but I'll overload you again then!

 Launching for a front glide. 
 Attempting to roll over onto her back from a front glide.  It was a new skill for the class and neither Kayda nor Dillon were able to figure it out.  Kayda kept trying to roll over as she was pushing off the table like you see below.
 What a lovely front glide!
 Kayda's the blurr on the right under the water.
 Barbells!
 It looks like Kayda and Brianna are sharing a secret or something.  The were kicking and randomly looked over at each other at the exact same time, then looked away at the exact same time. 


 Dillon was rolling the barbell on the top of the water, he did this for a good couple of minutes waiting for his turn.

 Jumping!  No fear!  Of course it's great form, looks like she's going for a dive, just to land on her back! They are trying to learn to jump in, push off the bottom and move into a back float.  She goes straight from the air to her back float.

 High fives!  The kiddos get a kick out of this, they "miss" several times then when the get a good high five Kyoko goes flying backwards into the water.

No comments: