Well, it's the end of February and we got SNOW! The kids were so excited when it started snowing. They immediately wanted to go out and play. I made them wait until the grass was almost completely covered so that there would actually be enough to play with.
They ended up playing outside several times over the couple of days. The played snowball fight, threw the snow in the air, played with their shovels in it. It cracked me up the first day. They seem to have an aversion to wearing clothes when they're in the house so they have t-shirts and underwear/diapers on and the next thing I know all of their snow clothes are being piled in my lap. I thought it was pretty cool that they remembered everything including their gloves and hats. Dillon threw this snow himself, you wouldn't think it based on how he's standing though.
The snow started on Wednesday, by Friday whatever was left was pretty much ice. The kids wanted to play outside though so they went out and rode their scooters. They discovered ice chunks and had a blast throwing those in the street. We pulled out some paint stir sticks so that they could explore the thin layer of ice on top of our neighbors big puddle. They had so much fun doing that so I decided to take a walk around our neighborhood looking for frozen puddles... we didn't find any but the kids used their sticks to "measure" the snow anywhere they saw it.
Earlier this week we had a baby check up, I got to listen to the heart beat which is always fun. Next month we should find out if it's a boy or girl (provided the baby cooperates).
No comments:
Post a Comment