We had a pretty laid back day with him today. He got to choose his breakfast, pancakes (the kids have decided they like to eat them with sugar just like me, which I of course learned from my mom). Then he played with Kayda for a while, I made his cupcakes for that evening, he got to open a present from the family, he played with said present and Kayda for a good long while. (Daddy decided to do a little work on the house so his day wasn't quite as relaxing). A little later in the day he came back and had some good Mommy, snuggle, tickle time before it was time to get ready to go to dinner. I only point this out because it's not often that I don't have Carson with me and I LOVE the time I get with just my older kids. Dillon is a snuggle bug to the core so it is definitely some high quality time.
We LOVE to go out to dinner so whenever we have any kind of excuse we will definitely be taking it. Dillon chose Red Robin and waited until an hour before it was time to decide that he wanted his grandparents there. Fortunately, despite the late invite both sets were able to make it.
Dillon thought since it was his birthday and people kept giving him "punches" or "spankings" he could do the same; so when the waitress came and we told her it was his birthday he told her he was four and then proceeded to "punch" her. She was very good about it and said "It's your birthday so shouldn't you be getting the punches?" Then she went back into the kitchen and was telling the other employees about it. He had a great time being sung to and was even willing to share his ice cream with Kayda!
After dinner all the grandparents and Baba came to have cupcakes and sing to him. This time his wish was to "Stay at the beach and play with everything"
I think it's wonderful that Baba is so close by and that she can come to these things. I was trying to get a picture of Carson with her and just happened to catch the split second she took to give him a kiss. Carson's starting to get too wiggly to stay in her lap for very long. I think if she could Baba would want snuggle time with even her older grandkids. Makes me wish my grandma was closer.
I think it's funny how kids can bring out totally different sides of people. If I went up to someone and pretended to punch them they'll either get really offended, think I'm nuts or if it was someone I knew they MAY pretend to punch me back. If a kid does it any adult will act like it was the hardest hit they've ever received and that said kid should be proud because they're so tough. Demonstrated spectacularly by Papa H.
I feel grateful every holiday, every birthday, goodness everyday that my children get to grow up with two sets of grandparents, a great grandma and a whole bunch of aunts, uncles and cousins so close by. And that it is obvious to my children that all of these people care about them.
No comments:
Post a Comment