Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Random fun

Sometimes you just want to take pictures.  Yesterday ended up being one of those days, didn't start that way but it became one.  And lucky for you I don't filter my pictures very well, the kids are so cute that I couldn't possibly NOT post them!!!  Course, this is mostly my family's little journal so it's technically for me anyway right?  So I can do whatever I want?  I'll just go with that and continue to flood the blog with pictures!

 We were having ice cream (obviously) and Carson had been following me around everywhere so I handed him the mostly empty tub and let him carry it.  He loved it.  He carried it all the way into the kitchen.  I don't think he realized what was in it or he probably would've been trying to get it open instead of carrying it.

 Yesteday started out cloudy and chilly, much like today is thus far, but turned into a beautiful day.  The kids decided they wanted a bath (are you kidding it's goregous outside!?!?) so they wanted to play with the water.  Well guess what...  our pool is in storage and I really didn't want to mess with going to get it and set it up so I looked for some wading pools we used to have around the house.  No luck we must've gotten rid of all of them.  Then I noticed hey the sleds are kind of little REALLY shallow wading pools... So we filled them up, filled up a bucket, got out some paper cups and bottles and that was our water play.  When they first got full Dillon hustled up to one and hopped in and promptly slipped with his feet up in the air and landed on his back with a splash, how I would've loved to catch that on camera!  He was very careful about getting into them after that (he didn't get hurt fortunately).  Saddly enough I don't know that these sleds have ever actually been used in the snow but they've now seen water!





 Carson was hanging out next to sister when Dillon decided he wanted to sit there.  So he squeezed in behind Carson...

 And then he slowly pushed Carson forward with his feet...

 Until he could fit comfortably in the sled with Carson.

 I am SO glad my kids don't have problems with ear infections or have tubes or anything because these cups had water in them as they plastered the cups over their ears and then let the water drain!

 Dillon was working so hard, use the cup fill up bottle #1...

 Use bottle #1 and fill up bottle #2...

 And then Carson came and snatched the now full bottle #2!


 "Horses" were pulling them.  Maybe I should get them started with water skiing or something!

 Carson loved the hose!!!




 Who needs a lounge chair when you have a sled?

 We were having so much fun with this water bottle cap.  First we lost eyes, then teeth and noses, and eventually I showed them how to shoot it out of their mouth so it would go flying... they didn't really get that part, it more saddly dropped out...


 AAAAHHHH SO CUTE!!!!  I can hardly stand it!

 Kayda and Dillon got pretty good at shooting an empty bottle though, of course they used their whole body to do it.

 Look at that bottle go!

 Carson thought it was HILARIOUS but he was too busy chewing on the hammer so he laughed AROUND the hammer.

 Then he lost his balance and when he got up he was laughing too hard to get the hammer back in so I got a good picture of him laughing!

I thought it was so funny when he lost his balance and ended up sitting perfectly on the little red bucket.  It was 100% an accident but then he decided he liked it and sat there for a minute or two.

Sometimes it is just so much fun being silly with the kids!

No comments: