Saturday, October 6, 2012

Science Center

For Daddy's birthday this year we decided to go to the science center for the first time ever (for the kids).  Kayda and I went into her class because I was scheduled to work that morning and then she came home with me.  We all ate lunch in the car on the way up so that we were able to have maximum play time.  Sorry for all the blurry pictures, the flash on my camera decided to stop working again, so I need to try to figure that out but I didn't want to miss the whole day so you'll just have to deal with some semi-blurry pictures!!!
 The kids had a great time with the mirrors!  Course Dillon was moving so fast I couldn't catch him most of the time.

This actually has a beach ball that is supposed to float over it, Kayda and I thought it was much more fun to do this!








 Welcome to the butterfly exhibit!  You actually walk into a room full of butterflies, they are everywhere!  Dillon's favorite part was the fish in the pond though.


 They got to do some hands on investigating with dead butterflies and tweezers.

 Hello owl butterfly!


 Tide pools!






 Carson's favorite part was the kid area.  We went there while Daddy, Kayda and Dillon saw the snake show and followed the snake back to its home to see it put back in its tank.  We all got to go on a trip to the moon int he planetarium too!  We even got to dance on the moon with maracas and everything!  Carson didn't like the trip back to Earth though.  He actually cried out when the Earth got bigger before we landed on it again.  He did NOT appreciate the rapidly approaching planet.


 I think this room was MY favorite part, they had metal bowls on the walls, xylophones, drums, a pipe instrument you played by slapping it with flip flops.... it was a great deal of noise and a great deal of fun!


It was a good day despite all our physical ailments.  It has been a rough few weeks for our family.  Carson and I have been fighting a cold for 3.5 weeks, Carson is now on antibiotics for a sinus infection.... I haven't gone to the doctor yet.  Thursday night I rolled my foot when I went out to feed the dogs so it's black and blue all down the side and hard to walk on... that made the science center especially fun.  Then today Daddy tried to stop the dogs from fighting (they like to fight over his attention) and ended up getting two stitches in his toe because one of the dogs got HIM.  So we spent some time in the urgent care today while Grandma H got Dillon over to his soccer game.  We got there just after it started and then stayed to watch Kayda.  Thanks Grandma H for the help!  Hopefully things will start to get a little easier again!!!

No comments: