Sunday, June 2, 2013

Carson's Room!

We finally finished Carson's room!  It's about time to start getting him out of our room so we're priming to start the battle.  Of course, I have this thing about the rooms being personalized before my children move into them so we HAD to start by painting.  Most of it was done a couple weeks ago, Daddy finally took on the ceiling edge (because I REALLY didn't want to) and I scrubbed the old nursery stuff off the dresser.  That dresser went through my Aunt Mary's two kids, Grandma G's three kids (including me of course) and through MY three kids.  That thing will not leave my possession unless at some future date one of my children want to take it for their nursery!  Anyway, back to Carson's room.  We had decided on jungle animals for him and it just so happened that Grandma H bought some jungle themed wall stickers.  It was nice because, though I love the color, it is VERY bright and we definitely needed something to break it up.  Carson already knows it's HIS room and has been wanting to sleep in there for a few weeks now.  Hopefully that won't change.  Night one is tonight!


Some day, once he's used to sleeping in a twin sized bed, we'll buy him a bed frame and night stand.  Notice the little rainbow in the back?  That was Daddy's when he was little.  It hung in his room for years!

No comments: