Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Carson Started Preschool!

 We did some testing with Carson because I was concerned about his speech.  Kayda and Dillon both started speech therapy at three so I thought I should have them test Carson as well.  They determined he needed speech and he needed help with separation.  Carson will do anything with brother and sister, even with friends he already know around but if he doesn't have another kid he is super shy.  If he is put in a new situation without Mom or Dad he gets very upset to the point of being inconsolable.  So they decided to enroll him in preschool.  Monday was his first day.


 He was so excited to go (knowing Mommy was staying) that he was frustrated by our attempts to get pictures.  He only cooperated with Daddy when Daddy made it a condition of going!




He did much better than expected.  I have spent the last three weeks getting progressively more anxious about helping him transition smoothly.  I expected to be in there for several days and having to fight my way out.  However, on Monday he let me leave at snack time (just over half way through) and yesterday, as well as today, let me leave within minutes of getting there.  He seems to be enjoying school and likes knowing he's at school with big brother and sister. 

Afterward, since he did so well, I picked him up McDonald's.  He wanted an ice cream cone and a big mac.  I thought watching him eat the Big Mac was hilarious!

No comments: