Well, we had to "rehome" another pet. We actually found Leela a new home way back in November. She was an awesome dog to play with but was just NOT a good dog for our family. She jumped all over Carson no matter what form of discipline was used and was constantly in the kids' faces. They would lock her in the house so they could play outside undisturbed. Her enthusiasm caused Hank's arthritis in his leg to get considerably worse as well. So she had to go. She is happy now with a couple that has a one year old dog and regularly go to the beach to run.
Back to Jack. I have always loved cats. For whatever reason I got VERY hung up on having one. So I found one and I realized just how much I really like cats. He was like my therapy pet. Anytime I sat down he would wander over and snuggle up. I very quickly became his bed. He was wonderful with the kids too, they were constantly picking him up and carrying him around. On one occasion Carson was making Jack "dance" for probably 5 minutes. Jack purred the ENTIRE time. He was AMAZING. Unfortunately, the longer he was here the more apparent it became that Daddy just did not feel well at home anymore. Daddy's allergies were working against us and we had to say goodbye. We just found him a new home with a very nice semi-retired man who seemed to desparately need a companion kitty (he has no other pets). I think that Jack will be very good for him. When Leela left the kids were sad, especially our soft hearted Kayda. Dillon and Carson moved on very quickly. When Jack left there were tears all around. He had very quickly become part of the family despite only being with us for a month. I am writing this simply so the kids can remember him and his awesomeness. He was truly the best cat I have ever encountered.
Bringing Jack home
He fell asleep mid-play
A small portion of one of Carson's many "cat dances". Jack purred the whole while.





No comments:
Post a Comment