So if you've talked to me anytime in the last year you've probably heard about buy nothing. If not, here's the idea. A group is created based on the area you live in. The entire group is about gifting. You go on Facebook and post things you don't want, request things other people are giving and ask for things you need. Everything is completely free, they're gifts. I am very active as an administrator for the site and in gifting. It is way easier than donating since all I have to do is put it on my porch and someone I choose will come pick it up.
Anyway. I gift, a lot. From little things to big things. There is almost always something out there waiting for its new home. Well today I was working on some boundary maps on the computer while Carson was watching his morning cartoons. Suddenly he came in with tape and an envelope and said "I want to give it". I helped him tape it shut not thinking anything of it.
A couple hours later it was time to get ready for preschool. I went out front to grab his shoes and saw this.
He had written his name on it and set it out on the porch next to the other gifts. I just about cried. This touched my heart so much. There wasn't anything valuable inside. Just some cards that came with their pokemon sets which give you codes for the online game. It doesn't matter to me what it was. The fact that he wanted to give something to someone was all it took. He is only four years old. It simply took my breath away.

No comments:
Post a Comment