Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Dillon's Cub Scouts Catch Up

I'm way behind with posts again.  So I'm combining two events into one post for scouts, even though they were a month apart...  First is his blue and gold banquet.  Dillon earned his bobcat patch, running with the pack, howling at the moon and germs alive.  


 I got a kick out of putting the paint on his face but within a few minutes he wanted it off because it was itchy!



The next event is much more recent.  He had his pinewood derby.  I've never done it, obviously, and it's been a long time for Daddy so we were learning together.  Daddy helped Dillon do all of the cutting and sanding, with Dillon doing most everything.  Daddy let him make it a little to thin because then we were desperately trying to make it heavier.






 Notice all the washers and screws?  It was so thin that there was no way to embed the weight so it got glued on top!

 There it is closest to us.  It definitely wasn't that fast but a lot of that was because the wood was warped so it kept pulling to the side.  Dillon still thought it was a great time and he got his derby patch.

 Of course we couldn't leave Kayda and Carson out so I got them each cheap little wood cars to paint.


No comments: