As usual, we spent Christmas Eve up at Grandma and Papa H's house with the extended family. We cut it kind of short this year because it started snowing and I was worried about getting back down the hill to head home. People around here freak out when they're driving in the snow. We made it back home no problem thank goodness.
Christmas morning, as always, the kids aren't allowed downstairs until we're all up and ready to go down. Daddy likes to have the video camera ready for when they come in to see what Santa gave them. This year they got tablets. As you can see they were all excited. They were spoiled by everyone, so thank you for their gifts!
We got a white Christmas! It snowed through the night and we ended up with several inches for the kids to play in! Kayda sat this one out but the boys had a blast.
Grandma and Papa H swung by later in the afternoon to exchange gifts and visit for a while. I forgot to get a picture of them with the kids... again. I feel like I forget every year!
It was a fantastic Christmas season, we are very blessed.
As a side mini-story. The boys got trick scooters from Grandma and Papa G. So once the snow melted we went to the skate park in town. They were nervous and didn't do much because it was still wet and slick. I decided I'd give it a go. It did not go well. I went down a tiny ramp at at the bottom ended up swinging backwards, the scooter shot out from under me and I landed on my butt in the middle of a puddle. I'll leave the tricks to them now! The kids got a kick out of it, we all did, and we laughed about it most the way home.
No comments:
Post a Comment