Tuesday, September 4, 2018

First day of school!

Off to school!

This is Kayda's first year of middle school!  Orientation was student only last week.  She got shown around the school, got her PE uniform and her locker/lock. It took her a few times but she figured out the combination lock fairly quickly.  We walked through her schedule at the school and got all the information into a planner for her.  She's as prepared as I could possibly get her.  I think she'll love it but she's been really jittery nervous the last couple weeks.  She kept telling me she wanted school to start so she would know what it was like.  It seriously stressed her out this summer!


Kayda was so sweet.  Her classes start an hour before the boys, she was worried she wouldn't see them before she left so she wrote them this note!  They ended up being up to say goodbye but I found the note later, sitting on the table waiting for them to eat breakfast.  Love this girl!




Carson is in 2nd, Dillon is in 5th.  Dillon says he "wants one more week of summer" and Carson just flat out wants to stay home.  What's funny is I feel like Carson is the one that needs the time at school most!  He's our most social and gets bored at home when Kayda and Dillon don't feel like playing.  Dillon got the Ms. O, Kayda's teacher from last year.  I just about danced when I found out, she's AMAZING!  I don't know much about the 2nd grade teachers but I've heard good things about Carson's.

 This was the first year Dillon refused to let me hug him goodbye and he wouldn't hold Daddy or I's hand.  So naturally we had to tease him.  We waited until his class was walking by and yelled that we loved him and how handsome he looked and blew him kisses!  It was great fun.

Carson went in rather subdued but by the time we left he was already chatting with one of his favorite people from kindergarten (they were on different classes last year).





After school Report:

Kayda LOVES having six classes.  She came home bubbling and chatty so I have a lot to share... She really likes all her teachers except one because he was really boring.  He spent almost the entire period going over learning targets and expectations.  I told her not to count him out yet (it doesn't help that it's social studies and her least favorite subject). Her favorite part of the day was a math puzzle. Using four 4's and any combination of operations they had to create equations that came out to the numbers 0-20.  She was quite proud that her accelerated 6th grade got more than the 7th and 8th graders.  She also thoroughly enjoyed being able to meet up with all her friends from last year at lunch.

Carson thinks his teacher is awesome.  Predictably his favorite part was recess.  He was really excited to share the same recesses as his "BFF Sklyer".  He was much more interested in water and snack after school than he was in talking with me. When he saw me he walked over and grabbed the water bottle before he even said "hi"!  Only then would he let me snap this picture!

Dillon had music today and thoroughly enjoyed that.  Recess he got to spend with friends from last year, he's bummed out because he only overlaps for 10 minutes of it.  He thought Ms. O was really nice.  Apparently she sung their praises, they were amazing.  As a reward they get to do extra science!  Her emphasis on science is what he's most excited about this year.  After school, I tried to snap a picture.  He hid from me, probably pay back for trying to embarrass him (he said I failed). Notice he refused to even look at me!

Overall, great first day and they're all excited to go back tomorrow.

No comments: