Daddy and the kiddos spent the evening in Seattle with the extended family. I'll let him write about it!
Uncle Pat saw that tickets were available to walk through the new tunnel before it opened to traffic. So, we all accepted the invite and headed to Seattle (mom wasn't feeling well so she ended up not coming). The total distance walked was about 2 miles right under downtown. We started about the Space Needle and ended right by the stadiums. We then rode a bus back up to the starting point, going through the other deck of the tunnel. Although a little long it was fun to see and the kids had a great time with their cousins, as usual!

The picture is a life size photo of Bertha, the drill used to create the tunnel. If I recall correctly, it was 57 feet across.
As we approached the end, Papa Mike proudly proclaimed, "I see the light at the end of the tunnel!"




No comments:
Post a Comment