Saturday, March 2, 2019

Dillon's basketball season

Dillon decided to play basketball again.  It started within two weeks of soccer ending so there wasn't much breathing room.  Daddy was able to coach him again.  The age group was 5th and 6th graders.  They played two "leagues" the black and the blue.  Blue was meant to be more rec level and black was more competitive.  Since it's only Dillon's second time playing, and there were some coaches already determined to coach the black levels, Dillon ended up playing in blue league.  His team won second place!  They lost to one team, played them in the championships and lost to them again.   He played great!  I don't know much about basketball, I watch and cheer Dillon on, I'm slowly picking up bits as I watch... so I rely on Daddy's perspective. Daddy has told me repeatedly that Dillon is always where he should be, when he should be.  There were a couple kids on the team that were challenging and a few that wanted to control the game completely but Dillon still had a good time.  We're running out of time to be in charge of Dillon's teams, soon he'll be playing for school. 

I realized, too late, that we never took a team picture.  Stinks since they did so well!



No comments: