First came the bearded dragon. Then came a puppy. We looked and looked to adopt a rescued puppy. Unfortunately, we didn't qualify for a lot of the places (we have no fence and no intention of fencing). We did qualify at one place and they had a constant supply of puppies...but they were adopted faster than you could blink. I started looking for puppies to buy, it was hard though because we are firm believers in the superiority of "mutts" and most every dog being sold is a purebred. Then I stumbled on a post about pit bull, lab, plus more puppies in Oregon. I contacted them and arranged to come see them. We aren't ones to buy a pet without meeting them in person and I'm so glad we hadn't arranged for a specific puppy. There were ELEVEN puppies. Some were blonde, others black, some brindle. Some had white spots on them, others didn't. They were all super sweet when we went to meet them. The dogs all ambushed Carson waiting for pets and sniffing him out. They lost attention quickly and wandered off. Except one puppy. He waited until the rest left and then went to cuddle with Carson. That was it. Carson had a puppy and the puppy had a boy.
Monday, April 13, 2020
COVID crazy part 2 - Ozzi
We let him explore the long grass in the pasture (longish I guess). He LOVED it and would have to bounce around instead of running. You'd randomly see this tiny dog head pop up over the grass.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment