Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Sheep lake with Alan

The kids and I had been wanting to go on a hike.  I brought it up to Alan and it turned out he was supposed to meet some friends on the trail end of their backpacking trip up at Sheep's Lake.  We drove separately since his plan was to stay the night and then give his friends a ride home.  

Awesome neighbor Alan!  If you look at his feet.... He brought all his backpacking stuff and forgot shoes!  He did the whole thing in sandals!  When we got up there the kids happily helped him set up his tent. I love that they're helpful.




 It was cool enough that the kids didn't want to go in the water. Until Kayda offered Carson $30 if he went in and under.  He did it, and yes, I made her give him the money.

When the kids were ready to head back
Alan decided that he didn't want to stay the night. So we helped him pack his stuff and headed down the trail together.  He planned to drive up to the trailhead and pick his friends up the next day instead of staying.
 

No comments: