Saturday, July 3, 2021

We got COVID!!!

Information from post-illness (August)

We went to Kayda's tournament in Las Vegas got home Wednesday and Friday (the 2nd) Kayda started to feel sick.  She had a headache and a little bit of a cough. I was watching her going hmmm. So I contacted Grandma and Papa G since we were supposed to be headed their way in a few days.  Grandma said they didn't care and just asked if Kayda was feeling better when we were headed their way.  Kayda was feeling better, the headache and tiny cough only lasted a few days.  Carson had one evening where his nose felt stuffed up.  I started getting stuffed up and have cold like symptoms on my way to South Dakota (we got there the 6th).  I was able to work right through it on the projects there.  Daddy had gotten there the day after us (the 7th).  Grandma started showing cold symptoms shortly after we got there. Saturday night (10th) Daddy was knocked out with feeling super tired and feverish.  Dillon started to feel sick the 11th and officially had a fever the 12th.  Meanwhile Papa G started to feel cold like symptoms.  Daddy was extremely tired for about 2 days (sleeping 36 hours straight) though it wiped him out for some time after that.  He didn't have an appetite either.  Dillon's fever lasted about 3 days and he bounced back pretty quickly after that.  Papa G's throat got sore, he thought he had a low grade fever and he had a bit of a cough.  

Daddy lost his sense of taste and smell about 6 days later.  Papa G lost his later too.  We headed home the 16th.  Since everyone was sick we weren't getting anything done really at Grandma and Papa's house and I was kind of anxious to get home.  When we returned, I convinced Daddy to go get tested and sure enough it came out positive.  About then I realized that I couldn't smell anything, and thinking back, I hadn't been able to smell anything for quite some time.  This is ridiculous, and TMI, but I'm pretty self conscious about body odor.  Since we were working outside in the heat I kept sniffing my armpits but they didn't stink.  I remember thinking it was weird and that they should stink, so I'd wash them and put on more deodorant regularly.  I also remembered that Grandma made cookies a few times...and I never smelled them.  I didn't lose my sense of taste but here I am, a month later and I still can't smell.  I didn't smell the bacon or sausage I cooked while camping, or the fajitas people ordered when we went out. I went and got tested but waited too long and it came out negative.  I am 99% sure that COVID went through all seven of us.  Considering we all experienced symptoms, Daddy was positive and we were all living and working in close quarters.  

Guess what.  It wasn't a big deal for most of us.  Now we all have natural immunity for a while.  Though the fear monger-ers are working hard to convince people natural immunity isn't a thing and we should still get the vaccine.  

Daddy let work know that he was sick.  They required he couldn't come back without a negative test.  Which is funny because when he was contacted by the state, because he had a positive test, the CDC, the Department of health, AND the state worker that contacted him said he absolutely should not test again and that he was safe to return to work 10 days after symptoms began.  He tested a couple more times before it came back negative.  We were lucky since it can take up to 3 MONTHS to get a negative test.  He and I had a good laugh about that. 

No comments: