Sunday, April 13, 2008

YAY a swing set!!!

Yesterday was a BEAUTIFUL day! We hit 80 degrees! In the morning Brian and I decided that we were finally going to go and get a swing set for Kayda, she had NOTHING to play with in the backyard, with the exception of a ball and some cheapy toys I picked up for Dillon's party. Brian and I got down to Toys R Us, bought the swing set and then it occurred to us that we had no way to bring it home so Grandma and Grandpa G came down and got it and then stayed at our house and watched Dillon and Kayda while Mommy and Daddy put together the swing set. It actually didn't take long, Kayda was in the middle of all the action the whole time and everytime something new went up she wanted to be in it. She LOVED being on the swing so Grandpa pushed her while we finished putting the rest together.

The next thing she conquered was the slide. She climbs up the ladder BY HERSELF and slides down. Well after she had done that few times she decided that she would try to climb up the otherway. She comes down that way, why not go up right?

We got a swing that reclines a little bit so that Dillon can also enjoy the swing set.  It's not much use for any older kids, it's got two babyswings on it, no normal swings. Dillon wasn't quite as excited as Kayda. He just sat there and looked around. After yesterday I can't WAIT until this summer when the weather is actually nice enough to be outside. We were outside almost all day. Kayda was exhausted after all the excitement so it was nice for Brian and I because she slept well!
Both babies got to sleep in just their diapers, Kayda loved it, because it was too warm in our house for them to be able to fall asleep. We took this picture this morning, Kayda just wanted to be near Dillon so she climbed up and sat next to him.


On a totally different note, on Friday Kayda brought her barn over to the couch for me to play with her. She was opening the doors and I'd stick my hand through.  She thought it was hilarious so I got a little clip of it. Hopefully it will work!



















2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Exciting! A swing for both kids, that's a great idea. Is your weather blah there today? And does Kayda want to head out anyways? Is it a slide that you can make into a water slide like we used to do?

Shelly Benson said...

The swing set looks like fun. Don't you just love beautiful days like that where you can just play outside all day? From what you have written about Kayda, she seems like such a little sweetheart... I think it's so cute that she just wants to sit by baby brother sometimes.