Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Amazing Kayda!

Being at home is a WONDERFUL experience. I get to see so much of their world and it ALWAYS puts you in a good mood. Kayda amazes me with her ingenuity. She will NEVER be bored. She now knows that when we go to play outside she wears her swim diaper and swimsuit (just in case) so when I was barbecuing the other day she grabs them and starts to try to put them on.
She has also decided that little brother's blocks are hers to play with. She gathered them all up. Carried them over to the slide, set them on top, climbed up just far enough to watch them fall and then she rolled them down the slide. She was entertained by them for a good 20 minutes.
Another one of her little routines is to collect all the balls in the wading pool. She runs around the yard and gets them all into the pool and then she'll get in, grab them and throw them out.
When I force her to come inside (typically when it's time for either she or Dillon, or both to take a nap) She has entertained herself by very carefully stacking up those same, ever so entertaining blocks. (I was very impressed that she was able to do this)
The last thing she did that entertained me so much was with her chair. She flipped it on it's back, laid her blanket very carefully over the new top and then leaned on it so that she would have somewhere to rest her head.
I am so glad that I get the summer with them and that I only have part time next year. I'm in a good mood so much more often now, they make me laugh a lot.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

I'm glad you get to have more time home with them. You get to see so much and it's less stressful (I'd imagine). Although, it can be hard too (but still totally worth it).

Kelli said...

I am on dial up in Idaho so I cant see the pics but great stories. OH and so you are teacher/mommyH. I wondered who that was the other day that left a message on my blog. hehe. I am so slow