Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Antipacifier Ch. 1

Well, last Saturday was the beginning of Dillon's last few days with the pacifier. We managed to get it away from him during the day but he wasn't feeling well over the weekend so I let him keep it at night. Last night was officially his first night without the pacifier. After about 1/2 an hour of screaming/crying I managed to get him to sleep and then he slept for 6 hours without squirming even once. He's been doing great without it, it's even making his naps better during the day! Next comes the transition to the crib from mommy's bed. It was too hard to move him out when he was still using the pacifier so he's on his way out next week! Then after school gets out (7 more days yay!) comes the scary part! We're going to take the pacifier away from KAYDA! It's going to be interesting, we'll let you know how it goes, don't be surprised if Brian and I are exhausted.

Entirely different subject, last Thursday (June 5th) Dillon rolled over from tummy to back for the first time! It was accidental, apparently he was trying to watch grandma G and Kayda play and rolled himself over, he was quite startled. He has yet to repeat the manuever but it's still exciting.

Another first Monday (June 2nd) was Dillon's first swimming lesson. We were going to start him at 4 months but we didn't think he was quite ready for it. So we spent the month before practicing pouring water over his face (with 1-2-3) and getting him used to laying on his back in the bath tub (with support of course). He did great in the pool! He can almost float on his back (his head's just a little too heavy) and I can put him underwater. Of course it's nothing compared to big sister yet but she's also 13 months ahead of him. She LOVES to jump, tries desperately to swim on her own, has absolutely no problems with going underwater and HATES to go on her back. We're trying to find ways to get her comfortable on her back, I've tried it in the bath tub and I've tried letting her rest her head on my shoulder. The only thing that has kind of worked has been holding her on her back out in front of me and running around the pool to make a game of it. Anyone have any other suggestions?

I have a few pictures of swimming but I'm not in the mood to deal with putting them on so they'll be up another day!

One more baby thing. Kayda had two more teeth her bottom "cuspids" I think they're called... Mom feel free to correct me. She only has 6 more baby teeth to go and four of them aren't supposed to come in until around 2 years (her 2 year molars).

Now celebrating my seniors I would like to add that I only had 1 senior fail my class and he's the one that never came so YAY SENIORS!!!

5 comments:

Tipster said...

Congratulations on the Seniors! Also, no pictures?! What is this?! I expect to see some pictures of my niece and nephew up STAT! =P I bet you're excited to finally be able to spend time with your kids!

Shelly Benson said...

I love reading about your kids. Fun stuff. Also, I knew you were teaching, but I didn't know you were teaching high school. I just assumed you were teaching elementary age kids. Sounds like you're really good at it... congrats!

Kelli said...

so you took D's pacifier away before K's. hehe if he ever catches wind of that he will hold it over your head for life. (you know she got to keep her pacifier longer, bla bla bla) and now you have it down in writing. Are you going to have your blog bound and printed like I am? because they will then forsure find out. Good luck. hehe, great job on swimming lessons with them, Your so good about that.

jessew said...

If you have ever watched Supernanny she always tried to convince her kids to "donate" their pacifier to the "pacifier fairy" so other needy kids get a pacifier. And then the "fairy usually leaves a little toy for the kid that "donated" the pacifier. It works for her. Good luck

Amber said...

Way to be on weaning the pacifier so quickly for Dillon! I am not ready to tackle that with Megan yet :). I'm too attached to it.