Well, we're on day three of Kayda without her pacifier. It hasn't been as bad as we thought it would. Saturday was Kayda's first day without it. During the day there has been absolutely no problem, granted at nap time we have been out and about so the last three days she has been falling asleep in the car. At night it has been a challenge, between the muggy heat, the "no pacifier" rule and the fact that she's working on two teeth, she has taken an hour and a half to get to sleep. Unfortunately by an hour and a half I mean almost constant crying to the point that I'm offering her water because her voice is getting hoarse. Granted after she finally does get to sleep she is sleeping much better. She slept through the night Saturday night and then last night she woke up once.
We're also kicking Dillon out of the bed and trying to get him into his crib. This has been an adventure. He's waking up frequently enough that I've taken to sleeping on the floor in his room as an attempt to make my life a little bit easier. My advise for everyone who is planning to have more kids and doesn't have a strict "no pacifier, no mommy and daddy's bed" policy is JUST SAY NO!!! Letting them have pacifiers and sleep with either mommy or daddy made my life bearable while I was working but trying to end the behavior is not fun.
To talk about something happy, Kayda can officially (and has been able to for a short while) jump so that both feet get off the ground. Dillon is working VERY hard to figure out how to roll over. He can ALMOST make it BOTH directions. He can sit up pretty well on his own now, he only topples over every once in a while and he's really close to having a tooth.
2 comments:
Ryan and Kyler both had pacifiers. I did learn that lesson and Bridger and Kimber didnt have them. Kyler slept with me alot, when I would get off work at midnight and pick them up at a sitters. He would crawl in bed with me and in Utah at midnight it was chilly so it was nice. But I kicked him out at kindergarden (I was single so there was room. hehe) Bridger slept with us only once in a while and prefers the couch. Kimber wont, she loves routine. If I could get them both to sleep all night it would be great.
Great job on the pacifiers
way to go you guys. hopefully you get some better rest yourselves now. :)
Post a Comment