Sunday, July 20, 2008

So Sweet

Well, not a whole lot has been happening. The kids are keeping me on my toes, they aren't lining up their naps anymore and they are both getting over colds, hence the lack of posts. Kayda and Dillon have developed a new level to their relationship. The morning routine has been altered drastically. As soon as Kayda gets up in the morning she comes into Mommy and Daddy's room where she knows her little brother will be (I gave up on getting him out of here until after camping). Once she's there she'll get up on the bed and whisper "hi" to Dillon while she rubs his head or gives him kisses. Once he's decided to wake up she'll pull the clock radio off the dresser, turn on the music, grab Dillon's hands and try to dance with him. I thought they had a good relationship before but they are definitely bonding even more! Kayda is constantly going over to him and he watches her EVERY move.
She was trying to feed him her milk the other day and she ALWAYS wants to hold him. It's fun trying to help her hold him. Your arms get sore trying to keep him in a decent position for her.

Last Tuesday I discovered that Dillon now has his second tooth (his bottom left). I have yet to get a picture where you can see either of them, I'll keep trying though. He hasn't decided that he wants to roll over yet. He has all of the pieces but just can't decide to do them at the same time. It's actually pretty entertaining. He'll push his legs so that he twists at his hips. His stomach will still be flat on the ground but his little bum will be sideways. Or he'll push himself up on his arms and twist his little body around to look at everything but his legs won't have moved at all. If he would twist everything at the same time he'd have it but I'm starting to think he'll crawl before he rolls over. He is constantly pulling his legs underneath him and he can move himself around pretty good, slowly but he does move. He's a total sweetheart, he just sits and looks at you until you look at him or talk to him and then he'll just smile forever.

I thought this picture was cute, Kayda has decided that she likes her tooth brush. She can't brush her teeth on her own but she's obviously picking it up from her nightly brushing that I do for her. She was playing with the water and chewing on her toothbrush. She looks all grown up and responsible standing on the chair looking like she's brushing her teeth.

Totally different topic. My sister is now on a modified bed rest, meaning she can start to do a little more as long as she doesn't start having contractions. We're happy our unborn nephew will be able to stay in a little longer. Sarah (my sister in law) is also expecting around the same time, her little guy hasn't given us any scares though. I thought it was funny that Kirsten and Sarah had their last babies within two weeks of each other and are now both having boys due once again within two weeks of each other.

2 comments:

jessew said...

yipee for a new blog! Now I just need to get Jesse to do one for us (I wasn't paying attention when he showed me how to do it....oops).

Amber said...

that picture of the kids is so sweet. I'm glad your sister's doing a little better, NICUs have enough babies to take care of without hers! And I just love all the stories of Kayda being a good big sis. Enjoy your camping adventure! We are sad we're missing out this summer. Maybe next year.