Kayda has been a little bit interested in her potty over the last week or so. She'll have me take off her diaper and let her sit on the potty. The other day she had me do that and she kept sitting there so I shut the door and went to make Dillon a bottle. Well... apparently she actually needed to go potty because she got off the potty and peed all over the floor... I guess she kind of got the idea after that. Today at Grandma G's, Kayda told her "pa pa" for potty so Grandma brought her in and took off her diaper. Kadya sat on her potty and Grandma waited a while. She asked Kayda if she was done. Kayda said "no" so Grandma left to take care of Dillon. Grandma came back a few times to ask her if she was done and each time she said "no". Eventually Grandma came back and Kayda was standing up pulling her pants up. She had peed IN THE POTTY!!! She used toilet paper and everything. Hurray for the fact that she is such a quick learner. It didn't end up on the floor again!!! Hopefully she'll keep doing it!
Dillon's latest, though not as huge as Kayda's, is still exciting! He is starting to stand up without holding on to things more and more. He's even starting to try to take steps to get where he wants to go. He is definitely interested in walking! It's so exciting but at the same time I wish I had a pause button! Both babies are in such a fun phase that I'm not ready for them to move on. I guess that's something all moms and dads have to go through.
Anyways, on to the pictures! A few days ago Kayda decided that Dillon needed to go where she wanted him to. Well, he's pretty independent now, just like she is, and wanted to go play with the little kitchen. The entire way there Kayda was holding onto his onesie trying to drag him another direction saying "no". It was hilarious. I didn't get pictures until they were already at the kitchen but even then she was trying to get him to go somewhere else!


Last thing I promise! Yesterday morning Kayda was sitting on the couch watching her morning cartoons (this is the routine while Daddy gets ready for work). She wanted to hold Dillon so he was sitting in her lap for a little while. When Daddy HAD to go take a shower he moved Dillon next to Kayda and Kayda decided to share her blankie with Dillon. She spread it out over both of their legs and they sat like that, all cozied up together watching TV! They are such loving siblings!
1 comment:
Good Job Kayda!! That's exciting! I hope she continues too. We're going to try to potty train Mason when we have a break when we're home. If we don't head over there for Thanksgiving, we're going to try then. And, the next stage is very fun too. Mason just learns so much and it's fun to watch him grow.
Post a Comment