Friday, May 29, 2009

Lake Meridian

I'm hoping to start a summer routine. Yesterday the kids and I went to Lake Meridian. Today we made a party of it with Aunt Sarah, Jarrett, Ella and Chase. Unfortunately we couldn't get a hold of Aunt Anna, maybe next time. The kids wandered around in and out of the water, they were having a great time. If I keep this up I am going to have some TAN little babies.

Dillon and Chase hung out for a little while playing in the mushy sand before Dillon's attention span ran out. Chase eventually crawled his way into the water. Dillon wasn't as brave as he was yesterday. He can handle walking out to the middle of his shins but after that he keeps putting his arms up to be picked up. I guess he's used to being in someone's arms in the water. I'll have to work on that. He had a great time with his cousins. He played in the sand with Chase, tried to give Ella some water and was chased by Jarrett, unfortunately I don't have a picture of that one...I was chasing him too. It was pretty crowded and he's quick! Dillon is really big into kid watching, not people watching, just kids. He spent most of his time watching the other kids play. Occassionally he would be entertained splashing the water or digging with a shovel but for the most part he just wandered around and watched other kids play.











Kayda on the other hand was little miss busy. She dragged around buckets full of water, made starfish sand sculptures (she was getting pretty darn good at it), and splashed around in the water a LOT.

Kayda also followed Jarrett out into the water pretty frequently. Fortunately for me she listened pretty well when I told her it was time to turn around. I guess it helps that Jarrett was a very good helper and never wandered too far out for Kayda to come with. Though as you can tell from the picture she got in pretty deep, this is her standing and running in the water, not sitting. You may also notice she has a GIANT grin on her face, I'd say we did a pretty good job making them love the water!
I think this picture is fantastic. Kayda came up to give Dillon a hug but the shovel she's carrying was full of nice cold lake water and the furthest Dillon got in was the top of his swim suit. Needless to say it ended up all over Dillon's previously unexposed tummy and he wasn't too happy about it. She's quite happy giving him a hug though!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Dillon is such a chubby little guy! Just like mine! I'm glad to know that they are related :) We took the kids to the pool tonight. Owen, for some reason, got so upset when I put him in the shower. But the pool was fun and got him happy.