Saturday, June 12, 2010

First Signs of Summer

The weather finally got the memo that it's summer, at least temporarily.  We had a wonderful day today, the kids were outside literally ALL day long!  We were busy working so I didn't get to take pictures until this evening but it was a great time.  They played outside with Kylie today in the sprinkler, in the wading pool, the sandbox, and on the swingset.  You name it and they were doing it today!  We even went by Grandma and Grandpa G's to help sort through some old toys which turned out to be a major event for Kayda and Dillon because they discovered "Hungry Hungry Hippos".  They played that game outside and inside for over an hour total.  Kayda of course had to be the green one and Dillon could care less which one he was.  It came down to the kids putting the marbles directly into the hippos' mouths.  In the picture below Dillon "fed" Kayda's green hippo.  When he was done Kayda held down the handle so that the hippo stayed out and made him say thank you.  She even changed her voice so that it belonged to the hippo when it said "Thank you Dillon!".  It cracked me up!

They also got to dance with Daddy, some of the dance moves were...interesting, but the kids loved it! 
They also played London Bridge and the kids thought that was the BEST!
I'm pretty sure that Kayda must've gotten THIS from her princess movies.  She just randomly started walking around like this today saying "I'm Kayda"
He's putting some serious effort into swinging that bat!  Unfortunately I couldn't pitch to him because Hank and Gunner were playing, every time I threw the ball they'd try to go get it. 

No comments: