Monday, June 7, 2010

Guilt Trip

Well, I guilt tripped myself when I realized I only post once a month now.  Fortunately today was an excellent day for pictures.  After Dillon's nap today we got all dressed up and went out to play in the sandbox.  Between the sandbox, the wading pool and a tub of soapy water we entertained ourselves for 3+ hours! You won't see it in the pictures but they both decided they HAD to have their swimsuits on.  They can't stand for their clothes to be wet.  Fortunately, even though the sun wasn't out, it was incredibly muggy and warm. I actually remembered to bring out the camera, combine that with my guilt trip and you get an extra post!

This next picture cracks me up.  She was trying to stomp down the sand tower while sitting on the edge.  I snapped the picture right as she toppled backwards.  She immediately popped up and said "My Okay!".  Then she got back in the sandbox and tried again standing up.
Squishing the sandcastle we made.  It was nothing beautiful or glorious which would be fine if they made it, but I did so you only get to see the demolished version.
Hank, he was brave enough to get in the sandbox for a little while and sniff around.  When they saw him in there they came running.  Apparently then it was too crowded.
 
Kayda wanted to clean the patio table so I got a tub of warm soapy water (as opposed to the cold sand filled wading pool water).  Next thing I know they're cleaning their trikes.  I'm worried about what they're going to be like when they turn 16 and have cars if they pay this close attention to their trikes.

Dillon still takes a nap every afternoon, he just isn't quite ready to NOT have one.  Kayda on the other hand gave hers up not too long after Dillon was born.  Since they played so hard today this is how Kayda ended her day.  (She snuggles with Hank a LOT)
Dillon, on the other hand, is still awake and kicking!  Mommy and Dillon special time since Kayda's zonked out and Daddy's off playing softball!  Off to enjoy my little snuggle bug!

No comments: