Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Kayda has been super excited about Mother's day since she brought home her "mother's day surprise" from preschool (Tuesday).  So this morning she came running in saying "It's mother's day!  Happy mother's day!"  Then she left.  I was hoping for snuggles or something but she ran away!  Next thing I know she's singing her own little song which was basically "It's mother's day" over and over again.  She was very excited to give me the horse "card" she made for me with Daddy and wanted me to open her preschool surprise but I told her she had to wait for Dillon to wake up.  When I heard Dillon moving around I sent Daddy away so I could get some good morning snuggles.  Next thing I know, without Dillon realizing it was mother's day, Dillon and I were in a "I love YOU very much" battle.  Then he had a truck "card" he had made for me.  Kayda's preschool surprise was a picture of Kayda in a frame she decorated.
We had an early dinner with Grandma H and that whole side of the family, then we headed over to visit Grandma G for mother's day. It was a good day!

No comments: