Today was the preschool Christmas program. Kayda got to be Mary and Dillon was a donkey! They were so cute! You could hear Kayda singing over everyone else and occasionally you could even make out Dillon's voice! Kayda spent most of the time giving us all thumbs up and smiling at us. Dillon spent a lot of time yawning, when he wasn't belting out the singing. These kids are quite the performers! They are SO much fun to watch!!! We are so fortunate to have both sets of grandparents live so close and be so supportive of our children. Both sets of grandparents were able to make it today!!!
Unfortunately I "epic failed" as a mom today. I was so excited for the program, I sent out advanced emails and reminders to all the grandparents, I counted down the days, this morning I ran to the store to buy a tripod so I could get the best video possible, I got there 20 minutes early to get the best possible seats, we recorded it, it was lovely, I take the kids to swim, come home get the pictures uploaded, pull up the videos and I start editing it and adding captions. Then after saving two separate files from the editing program I deleted the files off the camera. Little did I know that the editing program wasn't actually saving the video, just my modifications so now I don't have said video. I look in the recycle bin, guess what...since I deleted straight off the camera it DOESN'T GO IN THERE!!! Fortunately a friend AND one of the teachers were also taping it so I have already arranged to get at least one other copy. Otherwise I would be bawling my eyes out. Two words. BAD MOM. Then I go back and look at the pictures and mine are crazy dark, then it occurs to me that the last setting I used was the plant thing so I could take this picture:
I thought it was so cool that this rose is holding out against the elements when all the rest are dead. Of course I didn't think to check the setting before I started snapping pictures (you know since all I ever take pictures of are my children).... so NOT worth it. Just not my day. I'm sorry children, I failed you something awful today.
No comments:
Post a Comment