Thursday my sweet little girl took a big step to growing up. She's off to all day kindergarten. She is away from home SEVEN hours Monday through Friday. School is only six hours but she is a bus rider so it is more time. Makes me want to pick her up and drop her off, the only problem with that is the bus is a HUGE hit with her. She thinks it is SO neat!
Not that you can really see us... Daddy drove ahead (because we were chasing the school bus to school in the car after she was picked up) and we walked down. We got there about 15 minutes early waiting, and waiting and waiting. Fortunately there is a field nearby and Dillon and Carson wandered around there for a bit while Daddy and Mommy took turns having special time with Kayda before she left.
As soon as the bus started to drive we raced into the car and drove after it. We parked and Daddy ran off to see her get off the bus (he didn't quite make it) while I got Dillon and Carson out.
Here she is fresh off the bus.
Once we dropped Daddy off at home to grab the other car Dillon, Carson and I spent the morning getting the things they needed for soccer and for Kayda's dance class, at the library and then as a special treat for my at home boys we grabbed McDonalds. That killed enough of the day that Carson went down for a nap and Dillon and I got some special time reading the library books and doing puzzles.
FINALLY it was time to go get Kayda from the bus. We only had to wait about 5 minutes this time because I figured out the timing better. Dillon was SO excited. He asked me about 5 times if it was time to go get Kayda yet. He definitely misses his big sister.
Yay!!! She's home!!! If you could see in the window you would see the bus driver trying to teach her how to cross. She couldn't really understand her accent so Mommy had to go across and get her, which is why I have no pictures of her getting off the bus.
...and then we were walking, which is why this is the only picture I have post-bus. I asked her how kindergarten was and she said "Great" and then proceeded to tell me the following stories:
- At second recess Kayda really wanted Mrs. T because there was a recess teacher she didn't like. So Kayda went to the doors but they were locked or jammed or something and she couldn't get in (she didn't realize she HAD to stay outside for recess). So she chose to just sit...and then she started crying. (Mommy's heart is breaking about now)
- Mrs. T had to leave during third recess and the principal came in to watch them
- Nobody wanted to be her friend except for one girl and Kayda didn't want to be HER friend (turned out the girl as Kayda put it had "dark skin". Levi (a boy from church she knew going in) was playing with other kids. This all led to a big discussion about sometimes playing things OTHER people want to play, how skin on the outside doesn't matter and that she could be the nicest, funnest person inside, how Kayda should try to be friends with everybody and she had to choose to have fun even if she didn't get to do what SHE wanted to do. We also went over the recess rules and such and I recommended that she try to be Vivian's (another girl from church but in a class behind Kayda there) friend since they would be doing ballet together and were in the same kindergarten class.
Dillon's second day was a little more high maintenance, you know... because I have to do the maintenance, within 15 minutes of getting back from the bus stop I realized I would NOT be able to keep him entertained (between being exhausted and having a crabby one year old). So I was making phone calls to find something to do. We headed off to the park with Chandra, Addison, Brandon, and Jayden. We at lunch there and then headed to Baba's to visit. I left Baba with just enough time to drive to the bus stop and pick up Kayda. We only had to wait about 3 or 4 minutes. SO glad that day two seemed MUCH better than day one! I miss my little girl, Dillon misses her, as soon as she is in the house they are playing side by side and have NO desire to be apart.
No comments:
Post a Comment