Friday, April 12, 2013

Bike Rides Galore!

Thursday was a beautiful, busy day for us.  I got Dillon onto the bus for preschool (it just started, it's an hour ride to school but he still wants to take it, I offered to drive him instead).  Then Kayda, Carson and I got dressed and ran off for lunch with Grandma and Papa H and Daddy.  We had a nice relaxing lunch and on the way home Kayda started talking about how she wanted to go on a bike ride to her school.  She asked if we could ride our bikes to pick up Dillon.  So as soon as I got home I was trying to find a way to transport Dillon's bike with us to school.

   I quickly adjusted the seat to a higher position and then tied it onto the back of the bike trailer.  It worked out quite well!  I threw in his helmet, some coats just in case the rain started and off we went!

 The wonderful thing about our new town is that riding our bikes to town, or to the kids' schools, the library, the grocery store, the big park, etc, does not require any strenuous riding so the kids can ride it no problem. It also doesn't require us to be on any roads.  There are sidewalks through our whole neighborhood and then an old rail road turned trail we can take from there!  Kayda wants to ride her bike ALL the time now!

We got to Dillon's school in 15 minutes and got to play on the playground for a little while.  He was even out playing with us for a while until they had to go in for snack.

 Then we headed around the building and played on Kayda's school playground for a while.  She has been wanting to show me that she can go all the way across the monkey bars even though they go up in the middle!

 Dillon hasn't figured out how to go anywhere with the rings... Doesn't stop him from wanting to play on them though!

 Finally the buses left, the parking lot emptied out and Kayda decided she was "getting worn out and wanted to head home."  I untied Dillon's bike and it was too tall.  His toes could just barely touch the ground and he refused to ride it.  Of course I didn't bring the tool with me to adjust it again so I ended up towing Carson, Dillon and Dillon's bike back home.  I'm glad the trail's flat!

 Once we were back at home the kids didn't want to stop playing outside so out came the scooters and such.



 They kept playing until Daddy got home.  We ate dinner and guess what, they wanted to go on another bike ride.  So back out we went to explore the trail going to OTHER direction.

 Hank proved to be quite the cycling dog.  Maybe I should buy him a harness...

 I was worried about Hank making it back home so we stopped not too far up the trail and walked to the bridge.  Of course all the kids were fascinated with the river.



 Until a girl came riding through with her horse....  She was kind enough to let the kids pet her horse.


Dillon wasn't quite ready for them to go so he ran alongside them for a short while. 

 Then we headed back home to bedtime!  I'm glad we took advantage of the clear weather.  Today it started pouring and it's supposed to continue all weekend.

 And this is just random.  Isn't he sweet all cuddled in with the many blankets looking at a photo book! He points out his Grandmas and Papas now!

No comments: