Friday, January 31, 2014

Meet Tido!

We got to bring Tido home early!  Last night we went and got him.  He came home, let each of the kids hold him then went into his cage.  He ate and drank right away so that was great.  He also wanted to be out with us!   He came back out with Daddy and I once the kids were in bed and snuggled right in.  He met Hank who was actually afraid of Tido, though very curious (Mingo used to get mad if Hank got close).  I think those two are going to get along just fine! He acts like he's been with us for a long time!  This morning Kayda woke up early, came down, and uncovered him.  When I came down 30 minutes later she was still hanging out next to the cage and he was bobbing on his perch desperately wanting to be with her.  So out he came to have breakfast with us.  He sat on the table while the kids ate.  The kids were having such a great time with us that I tucked him in the stroller with Carson under the weather-shield (to keep them both warm and dry) and off to the bus stop we went.  Hank came too of course!

When we got home he spent some more time in his cage to get used to it, ate some more...but Carson was so excited that I brought him back out.  We took out the small handheld toys which Carson loved exchanging for Tido, even if Tido didn't want to switch.  Then off to the shower. 

 Tido wasn't so sure about the shower, he liked to put his head in and drink the water but wasn't so fond of the rest of his body getting wet... he'll get used to it!  Here he is soaking wet.  He enjoyed the hairdryer afterward, on low, just long enough to get his downy feathers dry but he practically fell asleep!  Mingo always loved that part too.

 He wasn't interested in the fresh fruits or veggies but loved the herbs we're growing, here's Carson feeding him some oregano.

 Carson held Tido more than I did today!  Every time I had the bird Carson would come over and say "up" and Tido would do exactly that.  Carson got a kick out of it when Tido would climb up to his shoulder.  He got some more downtime on top of his cage then it was time to get kids from the bus.  Carson insisted that we bring Tido but Tido didn't seem to enjoy the stroller arrangement so I put on my scarf and Tido snuggled in it under my chin to and from the bus stop.  He actually seemed to enjoy it!

 Kayda and Dillon had to hold Tido right away of course.  These kids are in love with this bird!  Fortunately he seems to be pretty fond of them too.  It's been a busy transition but that's what our life is and Tido seems to be loving it.

For future notice.  There will probably be a lot more pictures of Hank and Tido.  Normally I focus on the kids but I can only seem to find a handful of pictures of Mingo and it's a HUGE regret that I don't have more so even if you just read this for the kids.... too bad.  Maybe I'm becoming one of the crazy people who treat their animals like kids.

No comments: