Saturday, August 23, 2014

Swimming with Auntie Kina

Long ago I was a lifeguard with Auntie Kina.  I loved to teach the younger students and just get them to enjoy the water (I've done that part with my own kids quite well).  Kellina would teach the higher levels (side breathing, the more advance strokes etc).  Since I didn't spend much time teaching those higher areas I'm not 100% sure how to teach them to my own kids.  Certain parts I can figure out but I KNEW there was a more effective way to teach side breathing than what I was doing.  So we tried swim lessons.  We tried private swim lessons.  I tried teaching them during public swims at the pool.  None of it worked as well as I would hope.  So we were able to work it out with Auntie Kina to meet up with her once a week (when possible) and she would work with Kayda and Dillon.  I could not be happier.  She works great with them and they ADORE her, and since it's at her apartment pool it's not over run with people and distractions!





 Last week it was the day before Kellina's birthday so we brought her cupcakes and gifts.  We had fun jamming 30 candles into a cupcake!

The kids love to play with Mike (a chinchilla) every time they go over to swim. 

No comments: