We finished it! It only took us 4+ months! Welcome to the new playroom! It started out as bare studs and a plywood floor. We ran the electrical, added lights, insulated, drywalled (thanks for the Christmas gift Grandma and Grandpa G), mudded, textured, painted, installed the floor and put in moulding. We also built all the toy chests which have made a HUGE difference in how many toys come out. The kids had a tendency to dump out the bins the toys were kept in; now they can't! It's wonderful and the toys stay where they belong! The rest of our house is staying so much cleaner. The den now houses the computers and the craft stuff so that mess stays in there!!!
I am so grateful to have a husband willing to take on these projects and to my dad and father-in-law for helping us learn all these skills at on our first house. I never thought building would become such a passion of mine. I love it. I wouldn't be able to do it if my dad hadn't gotten me comfortable with tools from a young age!





No comments:
Post a Comment