Today Kayda's class had a walk-a-thon to fundraise for a ropes course challenge. Kayda wrote out emails to ask for pledges. Every time someone emailed back she got SO excited. She would yell "Mom!" And come running over to tell me. Thank you for supporting her. I hate fundraisers in general but this kind 100% of it goes to the school so it doesn't bother me.
The kids got to dress in their Halloween costumes for the walk-a-thon. Kayda refused to even jog for most of the time because she was "saving her energy". When they called out "two minutes" she started running. It was fun watching her weave through everyone that had already worn themselves out. On a side note, Kayda came home and told me that she was the last girl in the speed test. Since it is a process of elimination she is the fastest girl in her class and I believe she said the 3rd fastest in the class including boys.
Carson and I volunteered to help. We walked some and then cheered and yelled for kids to go faster. He was very shy and didn't like being out of arms reach.
He noticed I wasn't right next to him.
I loved watching her. She is so confident. Sometimes she walked with other kids but she really spent most of the time walking alongon her own and completely comfortable with it. I love that she doesn't feel the need to be with other people all the time. She enjoys it sometimes but she is just fine, and just as happy, on her own as well.
With how many laps she ran, Kayda managed to fulfill 1/4 off the class goal by herself!








No comments:
Post a Comment