This past week Dillon's class went on a field trip to Northwest Trek. Since I had Carson I couldn't be a chaperone. So I just let Dillon's teacher know ahead of time that we would be coming. She was kind enough to assign Dillon to me instead of assigning him to another adult. So we just waited at the gate for him and then we were able to wander as we pleased! Instead of the three of us wandering with a group with one of Dillon's friends he chose to spend the day just with Carson and I. There was a little confusion about the tram. Carson really wanted to ride it but because of the size of Dillon's class there just wasn't room for us. The tram ride is almost an hour long so unless we could go with Dillon it just wasn't going to work. Fortunately, they let Dillon switch times so he could be with us!
They saved their money from Grandparents from Easter and both brought it with them. They each decided to buy a stuffed animal with their money. It was so funny watching them decide what to get! Once they got them they were inseparable. Dillon chose a bobcat so he wanted to go see them first. Of course bobcats aren't that big so we couldn't spot it. He insisted we go back again later to check. I THINK I saw it in the very back but wasn't sure and I couldn't point it out to them. They were both pretty unhappy. Beside the bobcat the only animals we weren't able to spot were animals that they had "Off exhibit". There were a LOT of those, which was irritating as there aren't that many animals there anyway.
On the tram the keepers had just come through to feed the animals so a lot of them were right up along, and even on the road.
They were fascinated! Constantly switching from one side to the other to see the animals. They have bison at the park and they were blocking the road. We slowly edged our way through. The boys were not very impressed. 30 bison just doesn't measure up to the hundreds they saw in South Dakota.
There is a cool new play area there that the boys had a few minutes to play on. I wish there was a way that I could've driven Dillon home. They made them leave at 1:15 and school isn't even over for another 2 hours. The drive is NOT long. Carson and I were able to wander around a little bit after Dillon left but he wasn't as enthusiastic as when he had brother to explore with.
It turned out to be a pretty great day. Even if Carson wouldn't smile for our picture.









No comments:
Post a Comment