Today was the solar eclipse. We only got about 95% coverage but it was very cool nonetheless. I didn't jump on the glasses bandwagon fast enough so we couldn't find any... So we couldn't straight up watch it. We made a binocular projector but we couldn't get it to work. So I hastily threw together a pinhole projector. We had one with a box and one with a "screen" (two separate pieces). Good thing since we couldn't get the pictures in the box to turn out.
9:46 am
10:05 am
10:22 am
Grainy pictures but I want them anyway! The light outside looked really odd. Kind of like wearing sunglasses but almost more greyish and it got chilly. We started out there perfectly comfortable and ended up wanting coats!
The kids had a hard time wrapping their heads around the fact that the moon was the dark area. So we used a flashlight and a cardboard circle to explain it. I think they get it now. The kids thought it was super neat!






No comments:
Post a Comment