With the snow storm the day before I was incredibly anxious to get home. We were discharged from the hospital around 5pm, not even 24 hours after you were born. Driving with a new baby is incredibly stressful, driving with a new baby in the slush is even more so. I probably got on Daddy's nerves pretty badly considering I was crazy paranoid that something would happen. Fortunately, we made it home without any mishaps.
Since people didn't get to see you at the hospital we had visitors after you were brought home.
Peyton was a little curious.
Kayda has three "angel kisses", they are the red marks on each eye lid and across her forehead. They become more pronounced when she cries. They are actually just sensitive capillaries. She should out grown them.
Kayda is not a hard baby, during the day. The first night home was a challenge. Daddy and I had no clue what to do. I could just NOT get you to sleep. I ended up having Grandma G come help me after that first night, I was so exhausted and overwhelmed.
I've changed diapers before. I babysat plenty of times. They were always on older babies though. Changing the diaper of a newborn, with a healing umbilical cord is pretty intimidating.
Of course, we had to go show her off at Daddy's work. She was super cooperative since she isn't a fussy baby.
With the oldest cousin! Nathan is such a sweetie!




















No comments:
Post a Comment