At the end of the year we were notified that Kayda would be receiving a president's award for academics. I didn't think much of it (shame on me). I was substituting for her class that day and I was preoccupied so I left my phone back in the classroom. Daddy had decided to come see the assembly thank goodness.... unfortunately Daddy's phone takes awful pictures but at least we have one! Seeing Daddy there, Kayda immediately knew either she or Dillon were getting awards (the younger kids had a separate assembly). When they moved on to awards for fifth graders she was sure it was her. First they called up the Silver President's award. When she didn't get called up for that all the kids around her started saying "I bet you got GOLD Kayda!" Sure enough. She was one of six kids in the school to get the President's Gold award. It means that she has received the highest scores possible (4's) on testing 3rd, 4th and 5th grade. She is such a smart girl!
On a side note: The entire day I was there is was informed at least 20 times that Kayda is "super smart", "so smart", "the smartest kid in the class", "so good at math"... etc. Glad she's not a snob about it! Love my little smartypants!

No comments:
Post a Comment