This year we just didn't have time to do the pumpkin patch so we improvised. We went and got our $1 pumpkins per usual... Then we went back two days later to try out a night time corn maze. The kids LOVED it. They're getting old enough now that they're interested in spooky things . They've been watching a few Halloween themed movies, not horror movies, but Halloween movies. Kayda and Dillon even expressed an interest in trying a haunted house, I think we'll wait one more year for that though.
We ended up turning off our flashlights and doing most of the maze without any lights!
What we didn't know was that they gave us a free pumpkin if we found all the stations in the maze... So we got our 8 pumpkins that we bought (2/kid plus mine and Daddy's) and then 5 more from the maze.... 13 pumpkins. One ended up being a little rotten so we tossed it. I expected the kids to get bored or need a lot of help. I was wrong. I drew the faces on for the boys. I cut the tops for two of Carson's and scraped one for each of the boys... That was it. Everything else they did on their own. Happily! They probably would've done even more!
Our porch is a little full. We'll have to move some down into the sidewalk on Halloween!
Left to right: Kayda, Dillon, Dillon, Kayda, Carson
Left to tight: Dillon, Kayda, Daddy, Carson, Dillon, Mommy
I'm excited for next year when we'll get to do even more adventurous new activities!
















No comments:
Post a Comment