Tuesday, April 8, 2008

They're SO much fun!

Well, today is a first I am putting a picture of one of the parents on here. I absolutely love this picture.  Dillon adores his daddy! I know the picture will show up kind of small but Dillon has the biggest grin on his face. He was having so much fun talking to his daddy.

There has been all kinds of things going on the last couple of days. One BIG thing is that Dillon is starting to hold on to toys. He's not entirely sure what he's doing yet but he was having a good time with the pooh bear rattle. He was trying to eat it for a while. It's amazing to me how quickly they can figure stuff out.

While he was on the floor playing with me and his toys Kayda decided to join him. She laid down next to him and for a while kept giving him kisses. She finally decided to give him a break and watch tv, this is just after she stopped paying attention to him it's almost like he's saying "hey sis come back, I'm over here!".

I am enjoying having them so close, I never would have planned it this way but it has been a ton of fun and they are so sweet. Dillon doesn't just watch her every move anymore, now whenever Kayda is around he smiles and smiles. She is trying to teach him things too. I've been spinning his arms (like in pat-a-cake when you roll it) and saying "chugga chugga chugga chugga chugga choo choo train" and she has decided she wants to do that for him so she'll come over and grab his hands and try to spin them the way I do. Of course she's not just fun to watch with him. She went to a birthday party last saturday and got a balloon. On Sunday most of the hellium was gone but there was just enough to make the balloon float down VERY slowly. She was tossing it above her head and she would just wait for it to come all the way down. She just laughed and laughed and then she would do it again. Kids are just fascinating. I could watch mine forever, course I'd probably get bored watching any one else's but that's the beauty of being a parent, you just can't get enough of your own babies! Fortunately that's also the way grandparents feel about their grandbabies so we always have other people to talk to about them.


1 comment:

Tipster said...

That 3rd picture of Kayda and Dillon is great! Also, that picture on my blog probably took me around 5-10 minutes to make.