Thursday, December 11, 2008

Playdough!

I made playdough a LONG time ago (yeah I know I could have bought it but we get more this way). I kept it in the fridge and remembered I had it today, so I pulled out one of the colors for Kayda to play with. She entertained herself for an HOUR with the playdough, a plastic knife and a cookie cutter. I attempted to keep Dillon occupied for her but eventually he managed to make his way over anyway. The recipe I used was super easy and works really well, it doesn't dry out at all (I put it at the end of this so if anyone wants it they can keep going, if they don't they don't have to read it!) We had the fire going so it was nice and toasty so here are my diaper babies!










I thought these pictures were cute so I had to share. Kadya was sitting on the couch getting ready to watch "Kung Fu Panda" (movies are my way of getting her to take a nap) and Dillon wanted up so I put him up there. Kadya decided she wanted to sit next to him and snuggled right in next to him. Dillon was acting hungry so I got him some crackers, I thought this picture of it was funny because Kayda was trying to put his water back where he could reach it and ended up leaning on his arm, well obviously when she did that it moved the cracker further away from his mouth so he's kind of going "come here cracker" with his eyes and his mouth. I thought it was a funny expression.
PLAYDOUGH!!!
Flour 3cups
Salt 1 1/2 cups
Water 3 cups
Vegetable Oil 2TB.
Cream of tartar 1TB.
Food coloring few drops or unsweetened "Kool-Aid" 1pkg.

Mix ALL of the ingredients in a large saucepan.Cook over medium low heat, until the dough comes away from the edges of the pan and it becomes difficult to move the spoon. Remove from heat. Cool until it can be handled.Place on counter or wax paper knead 3-4 times.Store in an air tight container.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

do you have to build a fire or do you have an insert? we got inserts for both our fireplaces when we moved in here, its so nice to flip the switch. Love the diaper babies