I took Carson into his first appointment with our pediatrician today. The general rule is that they want a newborn to be back at their birthweight by 14 days. Well Carson is 10 days old and is 1.5 oz PAST birthweight! Doc checked him out and he is as healthy as can be.
Here are his stats:
21.25 inches long (90th percentile, 2 inches longer than birth)
9lbs 0.5 oz (80th percentile, 1.5 oz heavier than birth)
14.5 inches head circumference (60th percentile)
This little man is eating like crazy and apparently growing like crazy too. Now if only I could get him to switch his day time sleeping habits with his night time sleeping habits. Daddy and I had initially planned to introduce him to 1 bottle a day at 2 weeks but he's nursing so well we gave it a shot last night, he took the bottle without any problems and didn't eat again for just under four hours. Going to leave Daddy with the 11pm feeding and I'll get some good sleep!!! He's actually not doing too bad for being 10 days old but goodness it gets exhausting when you're doing it alone. Not a lot Daddy can do when Carson is being nursed.
No comments:
Post a Comment