Monday, September 19, 2011

Home sweet home!

Today is one of those "feeling grateful" kind of days.  After Kayda was born I went back to work after winterbreak, right about 6 weeks.  After Dillon was born I went back to work at 7 weeks.  Now, here I am, Carson is 6 weeks old today.  If I was still working I would've headed back to work today. 

I was fortunate, Grandma G was able and willing to watch Kayda and Dillon for me while I worked.  I knew they were with someone that loved them and would have the same rules for them that I have.  I had the summers off with them and the school year after Dillon was born I even got to be part time.  So I only missed a few hours a day with them. But I still missed them and  I missed a lot of their "firsts". 

Last school year I was finally able to be home with my babies!  I got to be with them ALL the time and I was very happy once we decided to have another baby that I wouldn't have to be pregnant, extrememly sick and dealing with a class full of high school kids.  With both Kayda and Dillon I often had to run to the bathroom in the middle of class because I was so sick. 

Now here I am, my second year as a stay at home mom with another sweet baby.  I get to be here for ALL of Carson's "firsts", I get to see them with my own eyes and not just hear about them.  I get to be with Kayda and Dillon for their first days of school, go help in their class, be there to pick them up and hear all about their days.  I get to be here loving my children the best I know how every day.  I'd love to be a "super mom" and have happy, healthy, well loved kids AND a shiny clean house but for now I'll have to settle for the "happy, healthy, well loved" part. 

It is impossible to express how grateful I am that my husband is able to support our family and how happy it makes me to be home. 

And just because I can, here are some more pictures of the three WONDERFUL children that I love SO much.  That I get to devote all my time and energy to.














No comments: